Monday, August 15, 2011

Meet Leo

This is Leo. I named him Leo because I wanted him to appeal to both genders in my classroom. I bought Leo at Kohl's last year along with a new copy of the Grouchy Ladybug, since my copy was getting a little worn. I wanted to have a traveling "pet" this year with my Kinders, and found him hiding in the trunk of my car over the weekend. So, I decided to name him Leo and let him visit my little friends. I happened to have a ladybug notebook that I have never used before, so before my kiddos arrived this morning, I typed up a little intro note for the notebook so that my parents would know what was going on. Leo travels home with one student each night. The student is to illustrate one activity that they did with Leo and write a sentence explaining the drawing. My kids were so excited! Bryce got him tonight and told me before he left that if Leo was bad, he would write me a note. Precious! I am looking forward to seeing what they come up with and letting the students tell the class during carpet time about their adventures with Leo! Hopefully I will be able to post some of their entries for you to read!

No comments:

Post a Comment