Monday, August 22, 2011

Why Yes, I am a Teacher too!!

Blog Hoppin is hosting a Linky Party today called Meet the Teacher. I thought to myself - what the heck! I'll do it too! (ps - check out their blog!!)


Tell us a little something about you...

Well, let's see..... I am about to celebrate my 25th birthday in September. I grew up in small town USA, well, Mississippi. I went to a small private school in the MS Delta. I decided to go to Delta State University because I knew it was the best school for teachers. So, while all my fellow classmates where headed to Ole Miss and MS State, I was headed to the land of the Fighting Okra. I met my now husband, Will, there and married him in June 2009. We moved to Brandon right after. We got Charlie in September 2010. That's me in a nutshell :)

                 How long have you been teaching?

I have been teaching for almost two years. I graduated in December 2009. I took a job teaching 2nd grade in January 2010. I taught 2nd grade again at the same school the next school year. This past May I accepted a job in a different school district teaching Kindergarten.

You might not know...

I am in graduate school! I will graduate with my Master's in Education this December from the University of Southern Mississippi in Hattiesburg, MS.

What are you looking most forward to this school year?

I am so looking forward to watching the growth of my babies! I love being the teacher to begin the school and learning process! I have seen them learn so much in the 2 weeks we have been in school! I know that the rest of the year is going to be amazing!

What do you need to improve?

I need to improve my discipline system. My school focuses on positive behavior. We are a PBIS school if you know what that is. I have some kids who don't care if they are not rewarded. I need to figure out what I can do, positively, that will keep them under control.

What teaching supplies can you *not* live without?

My MacBook Pro that the district gave me, sticky notes, and my hot glue gun!!

Well, there you have it! Join the Linky Party! And leave me some love on this Monday evening!!




1 comment:

  1. I just found your cute blog from the linky party! Can't wait to read about the rest of your year! :)

    Ms. Preppy's Adventures in Primary and Polka Dots

    ReplyDelete